Check details about Delta Airlines Infant Policy to Carry your baby
Delta Airlines’ has privileged its passengers to travel with babies on their laps. You can sit assured as the infant add-on policy of Delta Airlines has helped passengers to freely travel without any tension of requesting Delta customer service for kids to be able to travel. You can go through the information given below so that you can learn better about the process.
Can I add an infant to my Delta flight?
Yes, you can easily add and travel with an infant to your Delta flight. While going through the booking procedure, you can add the infant or you might choose to connect with Delta and add the infant.
How do I add my baby to an already booked Delta flight?
To add an infant to your booking, you can follow the steps given below that shall help you with the process step-wise:
- Skim through Delta Airlines’ website, www.delta.com.
- Then, use your login credentials and log in to the account registered with Delta Airlines.
- From the my trips section, click on the booking you wish to add the infant to.
- On the booking summary page, scroll to the Special Request section.
- Now, click on the infant in arms tab. This will open a form; fill it out by providing the required details, such as name, gender, and date of birth.
- Then, click on confirm option.
- Once done, you will get a confirmation to your email address.
What is Delta Infant Policy?
While traveling with an infant of less than two years old, there are various measures and guidelines that you must abide by so that you can travel. The guidelines of the policy are as follows:
- Babies traveling on the lap can fly free without a ticket. You will just have to add the details of the baby. The baby has to be carried only on the lap. An additional seat demand shall cost you the charge for the new flight seat.
- If you are carrying an FAA seat, you must book an additional ticket for the same. This shall book a separate seat for the baby.
- For more than one infant, one additional seat shall be required.
- The baby's food, diaper bags, and other necessary items the baby can be carried along with cabin luggage.
- You can also avail of a bassinet seat on the airline, upon special request from them.
- Passengers with infants can not take seats on the emergency, entry-exit, and overhead seats.
How much does Delta charge for Infants on International flights?
The charges to add infants on International flights differ for different aged infants. For more information, read below
- If the infant's age is less than 2 years of age and is on the adult’s lap, you will have to book a ticket for the same. An additional ticket is not required.
- An infant less than two with an extra seat shall be allotted a different seat with the price of this ticket.
- For infants more than two years, they shall have to buy a fresh ticket for the travel.
- For an unaccompanied minor, $150 will be charged, which shall help the same with an employee escort. Also, any other service shall be provided by the airline. These children shall be barcoded through which you can track them.
What documents do I need for my baby in the Delta reservation?
There are multiple documents that you might need to travel. And while traveling with a baby, there might be a need for a few documents, which are listed below:
In general, there are no documents required for a kid to travel on the airline. Kids shall not have to provide any identification to travel for a domestic trip.
For an international trip, you must carry the following listed documents for your kids as follows:
- Valid passport
- Relationship proof with the child
- Child’s consent for traveling
- Visa of the destination you are traveling to.
We hope you found all the information beneficial for you, In case you want to connect with Delta Airlines Customer Service then ask your query.