Learn More About How to Claim a Lost Bag on Air Canada.
Air Canada airline always tries its best that your baggage arrives on time to your destination, but if things aren't going as it was planned, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps-
If you are at the airport and can't get your baggage upon arrival, you first need to notify the baggage service agent who was there where your flight ends. The agent will ask you for a few details to create a WorldTracer incident report.
- Your contact details.
- A description of your baggage and the content in them.
- Your baggage claim stubs
- Your Boarding passes
Suppose your baggage WorldTracer report has already been filed. In that case, you can check the baggage status by using the incident report number, which can be found on the confirmation action email you received. To check the baggage status, you can follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Go to the baggage tracking website at www.WorldTracer.com.
- Now you get the file reference and name option, and you must fill out your details and submit the request.
- You can track the status of your delayed bag and modify the delivery and contact information if needed.
- If your name, address, flight information, and bag type details need to be corrected, you will need to inform the authorities quickly so they can make the changes.
In case your luggage is not found after three days-
- Then you will need to submit a form of baggage tracing through www.aircanada.com/Baggage.
- You must start filling out the details, including the passenger's email, Frequent Flyer Number, name, address, postal code, etc.
- You can add other passengers and enter the same details.
- After filling out the form, hit the search button.
- Now you have to enter your bag's descriptions and contents in them.
- Follow the shown prompts and submit the request.
Does Air Canada reimburse for lost luggage?
Yes, As per Air Canada's lost baggage policy, in case of damage, destruction, loss, or delay of the checked baggage, passengers can claim up to 2400 USD as a compensation fee from the airline. This reimbursement applies to all domestic and international Air Canada flights.
How do I claim compensation for lost luggage?
You can claim compensation for lost or damaged luggage by using various methods that are available through online and offline portals.
You need to connect with the Air Canada baggage lost and found contact number available on the official website help desk tab. The number is Toll-free, and you can connect with it from 05:00 to 23:00, seven days a week within Canada or the United States.
- Start by dialing 1 888 689-BAGS (2247) on your phone to speak with a live executive.
- Follow the IVR commands that can be heard on the call.
- Choose your preferred language to communicate.
- Press 0 to connect with the Live representative of air Canada.
- Press 1 for flight cancellation.
- Press 2 for group booking.
- Press 3 for lost or delayed baggage.
- Press 4 to apply for compensation.
- After pressing the required key, you will have to wait for a while as your call connects to the live agent.
- Explain your situation to the agent and get the needed support from him.
You can also fill out the compensation form on the official website contact us tab.
- Visit the airline's official website, or the interim expenses form at www.aircanada.com/ baggage.
- Now fill out the details asked on the form.
- Follow the prompts shown on the screen.
- After rechecking all the details, submit the form.
How do I recover my lost luggage on Air Canada?
- You can recover your lost luggage by accessing the WorldTracer website to check the status of delayed baggage online, or you can call 1-888-689-2247 to connect with the baggage departments.
- Air Canada will also refund the fees you pay to check If your baggage is delayed, damaged, or lost.
How Does Air Canada's Lost and Found Policy Work?
If your baggage is delayed or lost, the airline has made policies this can help you claim the reimbursements. You can connect with the agent of Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, or Air Canada Express immediately to file a complaint.
- You can use the air Canada lost baggage tracker website to track your delayed luggage.
- If your baggage is destructed, lost, delayed, or damaged, you will get a waiver on the Air Canada baggage fee you paid during check-in.
- As per the Air Canada lost baggage policy, in case of destruction, loss, damage, or delay of the checked baggage, passengers are allowed to claim 2400 USD as compensation. This limit applies to all domestic flight bookings and international flight bookings.
- For passengers who do not have their belongings because of the delayed baggage, the airline will get compensation for delayed baggage.
- The airline would reimburse all the reasonable purchases of essential items which he/she had to do because of the baggage delay. Air Canada delayed receipts for all the purchases would support baggage claims.
- The Air Canada baggage delayed baggage claim must be submitted within 21 days from when you lost your luggage. The claim must be in agreement with the Air Canada baggage policy.
- You can request the baggage claim fee by submitting the Expenses form. You will be asked to submit the following information –
- Your Flight information
- Air Canada baggage lost tracer incident report number.
- All original receipts of purchases
- Air Canada baggage claim stubs
- Your Boarding passes
- Per the Air Canada baggage Damage policy, you must submit the tracing form within seven days of not receiving your baggage. You will need to provide the following information-
- Suitcase brand and model and the purchase receipt
- Air Canada baggage tag
- Boarding pass
How much does Air Canada Pay for lost baggage?
If your baggage is destructed, delayed, lost, or damaged, then Air Canada airlines will refund the fees you paid to the airline for the check-in luggage. An airline's liability towards you for loss, damaged, destruction and delayed baggage are approximately $2,400 as per the Special Drawing Rights.
How much does Air Canada Pay for delayed baggage?
The airline will compensate you with the fee for the essential products you purchased due to delays. You will need to submit the receipt of the total purchase to claim the compensation. The airline will only compensate for essential items like undergarments, skin care products, oral hygiene products, etc.