Here's Everything You Need To Know Do You Want To Cancel Your Ethiopian Flight?
Whenever you cancel a flight, some airlines are rigid about their rules. However, if you have booked a ticket with Ethiopian Airlines, you can get the flexible policies that help you make the cancellation easy. Moreover, the passengers can request a refund from the airline after canceling the flight. In this article, you can learn everything about canceling a flight with the airline. The airline also provides 24/7 customer support that helps the customers resolve their problems instantly. First, let's check the cancellation steps you can use for easy cancellation.
Ways To I Cancel My Ethiopian Airlines Flight?
You can cancel a booking with the airline using various methods. The airline offers online and offline platforms to cancel the booking. Here are the steps to make the cancellation:
Using The Official Website:
- You need to visit the Ethiopian official webpage.
- Choose the Manage Booking option from the top.
- Enter the booking code and passenger's last name from the ticket.
- Click on Find Flight to see your current booking.
- Select the flight you want to cancel.
- Click on the Modify button to get on the Itinerary page.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the Cancel Booking button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and pay the cancellation charges(if applicable)
The Ethiopian Airlines cancellation fee depends on the reason and time of your cancellation. The average cancellation fee ranges from $100-$350. Once you pay the amount and confirm the cancellation, you get an email regarding your canceled flight. If you can't cancel the booking online, here is the offline method.
Using Customer Service
- Once you reach the Contact page of Ethiopia, locate the contact numbers.
- Dial the number given on the platform and wait to connect the oath to a representative.
- Once connected, provide your booking information and reason for cancellation.
- When the agent asks for the payment, use the link sent on your email to pay the fees.
- After that, the process is complete, and you can request a refund if you want.
Apart from this, you can use other options to cancel the booking. But for that, you must know the airline's cancellation policies that make the cancellation process smoother. Here are some simple yet important cancellation policies of the airlines.
Major cancellation policies of Ethiopian Airlines
When you cancel the flight with the airline, there are some guidelines it follows. Check the highlighted points to know about that.
Ethiopian airline's cancellation policy is 24 hours
- This policy states that if you cancel the booking within 24 hours of ticket booking, you can request a full refund even on non-refundable bookings.
- You should keep in mind that there must have been a seven-day or 168-hour gap between the booking date and the flight's scheduled departure.
- If you cancel the booking within the last 24 hours of the flight's departure, the same-day cancellation policies are applied to you.
- If a passenger misses the 24-hour risk-free window, they must pay the cancellation charges applied to their tickets.
Ethiopian Airlines cancellation Covid policy
Amid Covid, the airline has taken many preventive measures and modified the booking. Hence, if there are any cancellations due to Covid cases, the airline has the following guidelines:
- When a passenger cancels a flight due to Covid, they need to provide a positive RTPCR report of themselves or their immediate family members whom they have contacted in the past 14 days.
- The airline allows free cancellation to the passengers for canceling the booking due to Covid.
- The passengers can demand a refund by providing an accurate and valid RTPCR report.
- If the airline cancels the flight due to Covid cases, it is not entitled to pay any compensation.
As per the Ethiopian Airlines refund policy, if a passenger has canceled the booking at the last moment without providing any Covid reports, they cannot demand the airline's refund. They can contact customer support, but only a few percent of a refund can be initiated in that case.
Other cancellation policies of Ethiopian Airlines
- You can cancel the booking from the same platform you booked the flight ticket.
- If you have used the travel agency to make the reservations, you need to contact the agency for the cancellation and refund.
- If the airline has canceled the booking without any notice, it is entitled to pay the refund in the original payment form or traveling voucher.
Once the passenger has canceled the booking keeping all the policies in mind, they can follow the steps below to get a refund.
How can I get a refund if I cancel my flight with Ethiopian Airlines?
To apply for a refund with the airline, one must cancel the booking first. After that, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Manage Booking section of the airline first.
- Check the canceled booking and select the flight you want to refund.
- Provide the details in the form to proceed with the refund request.
- Attach the documents supporting the reason for canceling the flight.
- Once you submit the form, the experts verify your request and initiate the refund within 7-10 business days.
That's how you can request a refund from the airline and prevent yourself from any loss.
You can smoothly cancel your booking with Ethiopian Airlines and request a refund with the above information. However, if you face any trouble with any of the Ethiopian Airlines cancellation policy or while requesting a refund, call the airline experts. The live person provides you with help regarding all the issues while managing your booking. Moreover, you can request them to get a refund from the airline and re-plan a journey next time. So, what's the delay in taking the steps when you know the process? Cancel the booking using the suitable method and get a valid refund from Ethiopian Airlines.