Specification on Air Canada flight cancellation and refund
It is not necessary that everything goes according to the plan. Hence, a person who booked a flight with Air Canada may be required to cancel the ticket for a sudden drop in travel plans. Here, learn the essential information related to flight cancellation as well as getting a refund for the same.
How to Cancel an Air Canada Flight
An individual looking for the procedure to cancel the flight they have booked with Air Canada can make the cancellation with two methods. Both the methods are explained here:
Online flight cancellation
The website of Air Canada allows you to cancel your ticket. The procedure for the online cancellation is as follows:
- Open the webpage of Air Canada first,
- Head to the "My Trips" section,
- Put your existing booking reference and name,
- Next, access the details of your reservation,
- You can navigate the "cancel flight" option on the page,
- Tap the concerned reason for cancellation and pay the penalty charge,
- Your flight booked at Air Canada will be canceled, and a notification will be received by you.
Offline flight cancellation
Many officials are available to cancel your ticket at your request. You could contact the customer service for your help with the following guide:
- Call on the phone number: 188-247-2262,
- Ask for the flight cancellation as a person avails,
- You should share the correct booking information,
- Pay any fee that is applicable,
- The person will cancel the ticket on your request.
Air Canada Cancellation policy
A few policies are concerning for canceling a flight with Air Canada that are:
- All cancellations should be made prior to the boarding of the reserved flight.
- A penalty charge would be fined by the flight ticket holders to cancel the reservation according to the fare type and destination.
- Within 24 hours of reservation, if an individual cancels the ticket, no penalty charge will be applicable.
- When Air Canada delays the departure of a flight for more than 3 hours, the reservation holders can cancel the same without additional charges.
How much does it cost to cancel a flight with Air Canada?
The cost of canceling an Air Canada flight depends on many factors, such as fare type and class, flight haul, and time of cancellation. However, the cost varies between $25 to $100.
How to request a refund from Air Canada
The refund request at Air Canada could be shared by filling out the refund form online. Following are the required steps for filling out the refund form:
- Visit the webpage of Air Canada,
- Next, direct to the customer support page,
- You need to find the refund claim option,
- Then, a refund form will load on the screen,
- The form should be filled with the canceled booking details as well as the payment details,
- Next, submit the same to Air Canada, and within a few days, the refund will be credited.
How long does it take Air Canada to refund
Air Canada can take 7 to 30 working days to provide the refund to an individual after the request. Depending on the payment mode, the refund time is considered. The payment made with a debit card, credit card, or online mode takes a maximum of 7 days, and the cheque and cash flight ticket payment can extend up to 30 days.